Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Read it while it's hot!

Why Red? Well, Red is the new me. Red is for the new theme. Red is the RPI school colour. Red is the color of the sheets at home. Red is my sweatshirt. Red is the colour of the leaves just before winter. Red is for envy. Red is for passion. Red is for everything around me. Red is short for redefine.

Who wants things to be the same old same old? After 2 weeks of tumults and ferris wheels of emotions, I decided to focus my attention on something new. All day I was thinking of some theme for my blog. A splash of colour, a splash of happiness, and inventing a space just for myself. I went around taking pics of the sunset in the evening. I think I'm beginning to appreciate photography now. And am not talking about my photos! The bare trees in the background of the bright orange of the sky is even prettier when you have your own camera to click to perfection. I think that was a stronger motivation behind the Red!  Even though nothing is as constant as change, I like the fact that nobody but I have the power to change this small space I've created for myself. And that is my blog.

Weather changes, colours change, fashion changes, hair lengths change, moods change, technologies change, but what hits you the hardest is when people change and when you yourself change. Am not talking about temperaments, am talking about an entire change of personality. It's amazing how experiences can totally take you for a ride. Make you believe you are someone and then when you're done experiencing that, you realize you perhaps aren't the same anymore. By experience I mean relationships, places you've been to, things you like to do over a period of time. And when you're done with that, you are forced to step across and keep walking. For three years I thought I was someone and then now I am at a point where I have a better idea of who I am not than who I am. It really is true that every experience teaches you something.

With winter approaching and temperatures hitting sub zero, I look forward to "chilling the *^(#" out as my friend puts it and embracing change. Having said that, am not the kind of person who says "Oh, well, maybe it was meant to be this way or that". I don't have any qualms of trying or doing things that make me happy. I have one life and would like to live it knowing that I've tried "this" out because it made me happy. So what if it backfires? Atleast I would be more at peace with myself for having tried it out. I write this because I come across more and more instances where this is tested every day. And if I don't hold onto my convictions, I have nothing (quoting Phoebe, slightly modified).

Okay, this blog came out to be a little too serious. What I initially wanted to write about was my polka dot comforter! But shifting topics now would seem rather inconsistent with the rest of my blogs, so I'll save the story about my polka dotted mate for next time! I'll try to make the read worth the wait! Until then, grab a paperback, get a steaming cupa and stretch your legs a little!

Welcome to my new world :)

7 comments:

Shriniket said...

Nice change.. Red.. I 'love' it..
And indeed, experiencing the different and sometimes completely disjoint shades of yourself is an experience in itself..

Variety is the spice of life.. Cheers! :)

Vatsal said...

Nice theme sumu..Would be waiting for ur upcoming blogs girl!!!

sum said...

Thanks guys for reading and always appreciating :)

Mrunal said...

People said its nice so do I! But frankly I cudnt relate to it much! Just gathered change seems really exciting rather than shivering!

Rujuta said...

hi ! nice blog and nice post ..keep writing !!

Onkar Bhardwaj said...

Red, yellow, orange everywhere - as if the trees too are enjoying the last month before settling into the black and white shades of winter. Indeed, red is the theme these days! Keep the posts coming..

Sneha said...

Being the eternal pessimist that I am, red always signified "danger", "do-not-go-ahead" to me..But your post actually made me view it in a different light..Nice work!